The executive team of Kemklean (Pty) Ltd are committed to the protection of the health and safety of the workforce. This is achieved through an effective safety, health and environmental (SHE) system. We do so by ensuring compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, no. 85 of 1993, all relevant regulations and other associated legislation at local, provincial and national level, as well as corporate and internally set company standards.
All occupational activities that may negatively impact on the workforce and environment have been identified and various measures are in place to eliminate, mitigate or control such situations. These measures include but are not limited to the following actions:
- Provision of SHE training to the workforce
- Conducting of effective health and safety risk assessments
- Defining responsibilities and authorities of the workforce
- Elimination of injuries/diseases in the workplace
- Management of adverse environmental impacts and aspects caused by Kemklean’s activities, products or service
- Conservation of all natural resources used by Kemklean
These objectives are regularly monitored and reviewed during Safety, Health and Environmental meetings between staff and management, through annual management reviews and through internal company audits.